Parents as Partners
Learn how you can help support your child’s learning.
Mother Teresa acknowledges parents and carers as each student's most influential, primary and essential educators.
We encourage parents to be actively involved in school life and work with us to ensure the best educational outcomes for your child.
Parents are also actively encouraged to attend school events such as sports carnivals, exhibitions and performance evenings.
How can I contribute?
Parents are able to support the school community through Support Networks each year.
The Support Networks focus on two main areas, community and learning.
Parents in this group get involved in activities such as:
- welcoming new families
- supporting our Mother's and Father's Day stalls
- providing assistance on our school's Feast Day and Harmony Day
- attending school prayers and liturgies for special events such as NAIDOC
- MTP family movie nights
- team managers for inter-school netball, soccer and touch football
- group leaders for our sports Colour Challenge Fun day
Activities parents in this group can be involved in include:
- being a tutor in our school reading program
- library borrowing
- participating in learning celebrations
- taking part in parent workshops
- book covering
Volunteer and contractor training
We welcome the contribution volunteers make to the life of our school.
As part of our commitment to keeping students safe, all volunteers in schools are required to complete the building child safe communities undertaking form and child protection training module before volunteering. These checks reduce potential risk and forms part of our strategy to build child safe communities.